This beginner online course is open to anyone who wants to learn the basics of crafting their own glaze recipes, regardless of their prior experience or background in ceramics.
Glaze is a glass coating on ceramics which adds beauty, increases durability and makes a product fit for functional use. It is a mixture of minerals when mixed in different amounts with different components gives variable results and hence glaze recipes have always fascinated artists and ceramists across the globe.
Making one's own glaze recipes help an artist to gain beginner level material knowledge and create a range of glaze colors/textures which might not be available commercially, drastically decreasing their cost of production.
This online course is designed to introduce the fundamentals of glaze making process in a much simpler and easier form with access to Claystation’s glaze materials which can be PURCHASED from Claystation's online store.
The course is spread across 5 days including 7 sessions (every session 2-3 hours each) which will cover:
- Introduction components of glaze recipes
- Introduction to glaze colorants
- Introduction to basics of Glaze calculator tool with hands-on experience on the application.
(Glaze calculator simplifies the process of calculating minerals in a recipe and increases a overall chance of getting a better recipe as compared to traditional manual glaze making processes)
- First hand experience in developing one’s own glaze recipe.
- Practical knowledge of handling and mixing minerals while making glaze recipes.
- Few Cone 6 test firings to understand the outcomes of their very own created glazes
- A detailed review session with Claystation Glaze R&D team.
NOTE: The main focus of the workshop is to introduce the fundamentals of making one’s own glazes. Fixing the defects of the glaze recipes will be covered at the upcoming next level of the workshop.
Session Dates :
3rd March : 10:30-5:30
9th March : 10:30-1:30
10th March : 10:30-1:30
16th March : 10:30-5:30
24th March : 2:30-5:30
Zoom Link will be shared in the group which will be made two days before the class.
The kits is included as part of the course. The kit includes -
2. china clay
3. potash feldspar
4. soda feldspar
6. copper carbonate
7. cobalt carbonate
8. iron oxide
10. bisque tiles in ivory-15
11. 100 mesh test sieve
12. spatula (small) for mixing
The kits will take minimum 10-14 days to deliver.
Things not included and needs to be purchased for the course is glaze calculator to measure the raw materials.
Amazon Link - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08F4JD6KQ/ref=cm_sw_r_apanp_NY7jRCXFVjbe2
ABOUT OUR INSTRUCTOR:
A strong believer of keeping one’s inner child alive, Gargi is an Architect and a Ceramic + Glass designer with a M.Des degree from NID, Ahmedabad. During her final year of masters she recognised the importance of self-expression which led to exploring her interest in the field of service design, designing curriculums around the concept of creativity.
She believes that in order to connect with one’s creative self, we must unlearn predefined notions and experiment with our intuition.
She has been associated working with Claystation for more than a 3 years now.
Instagram Handle : @gargi.sharma94
- Refund -
- Before 7 days ( 12th February ) - Full refund
- Before 2 days ( 16th February ) - 50 % refund
- Cancellation after 16th December - No refund
- All the refunds will be processed within 15 working days from the day of cancellation
2. Transfer -
- Transfer to another person - If a person is not able to attend the program for any personal reasons, they can transfer their slot to another person for the program they have registered for, and inform the studio at least 1 day before to add them in the group.
- Transfer to another class - Transfer to an alternative class date is not possible once you register. You will need to cancel the registration for the existing program (Cancellation and refund policy will apply) and re-register for the new program
3. Studio Closure:
- If the studio is forced to close due to factors outside of our control such as severe weather conditions, or an infectious disease such as Covid-19, we will make an effort to reschedule the paused sessions. However we will not offer any refunds
- Claystation reserves the right to cancel or change the schedule of classes. The participant will receive a full refund in the event of cancellation. However, if the classes are rescheduled, you can opt for shifting to the next batch/postponed date or take a refund.
March - 3rd, 9th, 10th, 16th & 24th | 10:30 AM- 1:30 PM
Number of sessions: 7
Instructor: Gargi Sharma
Venue: Claystation Studio Koramangala
Age: 16 and above
Fee: 6900 Rs.