Hand building is one of the oldest techniques of ceramic art. This particularly versatile method helps one to get a thorough understanding of how clay molds into different forms and shapes.
This beginner ceramic hand building course is designed for you to build a good foundation fundamental in techniques like Pinching, Coiling & Slab work.
Total Number 0f Students accommodated in a class - 8 People (registration will be on a first come first serve basis.)
Total Number of Classes: 12
Instructor Led sessions: 8
Open studio: 3
Glazing Session(Brush glaze technique) : 1
Note : We have taken into account all the Christmas and New Year holidays and scheduled two makeup sessions for the course. If you missed any classes, you can attend these sessions to catch up on what you've missed and practice.
December 6th, 7th & 8th (10:15 am to 1:15 pm )
December 11th & 13th & 15th(10:15 am to 1:15 pm )
Project Time : (10:30 am to 5:00 pm ) : December 18th (1st half with instructor ), 19th December
Review Session : December 20th -(2:30 am to 5:30 pm )
Glazing Session : (10:30 am to 1:30 pm ) 5th January
(In case you have missed a session)Make up Session :
(2:15 am to 5:15 pm )December 15th ,
(10:15 am to 1:15 pm )December 20th
Article pick-up date: January 13th - January 20th (Only a few pieces selected by the instructor will be eligible for firing)
NOTE: Post January 20th, the articles will not be saved any further in the studio.
Please go through the dates, time and the respective days of the course sessions as not all sessions are being conducted on all weekends .
Materials included in the Course : 10Kg Sandalwood Clay (cone 6 stoneware ) , basic pottery Toolkit, Apron .(Students can take it back on the last day of the class )
We are located at : 10, Temple tress row, S.T Bed, Cauvery Colony, Koramangala, Bengaluru
Google Maps :Claystation Bangalore
We are also on Instagram :Claystation Bangalore
ABOUT OUR INSTRUCTOR:
Haritha is an Architect by profession, a natural builder and an artist by passion.
She's always been a hands on person and her connection with earth materials in the last few years has been through mud buildings and structures made with care towards the earth and local communities.
Her fascination with clay and the shapes it moulded into inspired her to try a hand in pottery in her own way.
She desired to explore the art of ceramics for the longest time and chanced upon Claystation two years ago and it has been an extremely fun and fulfilling journey ever since.
Through her work, she likes to use clay as an expression of self, and help people connect with earth and themselves through the material.
Instagram Handle : @the_artytect
- On or before 7 days (28th November) - Full refund
- On or before 2 days (2nd November) - 50 % refund
- Cancellation after (2nd November) - No refund
- All the refunds will be processed only after 15 working days post cancellation
- Transfer to another person - If a person is not able to attend the program for any personal reasons, they can transfer their slot to another person for the program they have registered for, and inform the studio at least 1 day before to add them in the group.
- Transfer to another class - Transfer to an alternative class date is not possible once you register. You will need to cancel the registration for the existing program (Cancellation and refund policy will apply) and re-register for the new program
3.Missed Sessions -
- Claystation will schedule 1 make up session during the course.
Kindly Connect with Studio team for the date .
- Claystation will not offer refunds for the sessions missed
- Claystation reserves the right to cancel or change the schedule of classes. The participant will receive a full refund in the event of cancellation. However, if the classes are rescheduled, you can opt for shifting to the next batch/postponed date or take a refund.
- If the studio is forced to close due to factors outside of our control such as severe weather conditions, or an infectious disease such as Covid-19, we will make an effort to reschedule the paused sessions. However we will not offer any refunds
December 6 - December 20I 10:15 AM-1:15 PM
Number of sessions: 12
Instructor: Haritha Rajan
Venue: Claystation Studio Koramangala
Age: 16 and Above
Fee: 11200 Rs.