This beginner's course is designed for you to build solid foundation in wheel throwing, this is vital for you to master this art. Through this program you will learn fundamental techniques like wedging, centering, pulling and trimming. Also you will learn to throw and alter cylinders into bottles and one piece for creative expression.
Additionally, you will gain core knowledge of the basics of ceramics and clay. Good understanding about this versatile medium is quite critical for your learning process.
Total Number 0f Students accommodated in a class - 8 People (registration will be on a first come first serve basis.)
Total Number of Classes: 13
Students will be making a range of articles out of which few selected by the instructor will be eligible for glazing and firing.
Note : If you missed any classes, you can attend one makeup session on the date mentioned below.
13th , 14th ,15thMarch -10:15 AM - 1:15 PM
18th , 19th ,21th & 22nd March -10:15 AM - 1:15 PM
25th ,26th ,28th & 29th March -10:15 AM - 1:15 PM
1st April-10:15 AM - 1:15 PM
(In case you have missed a session)Make up Session : 21st March, 2:15-5:15
Glazing Session : (10:30 am to 1:30 pm ) - 19th April
Article pick-up date: 27th April - 4th May
Post 4th May , the articles will not be saved any further in the studio.
NOTE: Please go through the dates, time and the respective days of the course sessions
Materials included in the Course : 20Kg Sandalwood Clay (cone 6 stoneware ) , Basic pottery toolkit and apron (Students can take the kit back on the last day of the class )
Materials to be brought by students: Plastic Covers (for covering your articles) , Scissors, Pen, Pencil, CD-markers, Steel Scale , Small Notebook .
We are located at : 10, Temple tress row, S.T Bed, Cauvery Colony, Koramangala, Bengaluru
Google Maps :Claystation Bangalore
We are also on Instagram :Claystation Bangalore
ABOUT OUR INSTRUCTOR:
"One could spend a lifetime working with clay and still be surprised by it which is both challenging and motivating", is what Rakshita Hiremath believes.She enjoys teaching pottery to children and grown ups alike, thus hoping to initiate them into exploring the endless possibilities with the art.
She makes pieces that are functional and decorative using wheel throwing as well as hand building techniques. Experimentation with different surface decoration methods such as slips, underglazes and wax resists adds an element of fun to her work.She is an engineer by training and an artist by choice. After working in the corporate world for a decade, a calling to explore the medium of clay brought her to Claystation, where she learnt and has been teaching.
Instagram Handle : @the.artelier.art.studio
- On or before 7 days (5th February) - Full refund
- On or before 2 days (10th February) - 50 % refund
- Cancellation after (10th February) - No refund
- All the refunds will be processed only after 15 working days post cancellation
- Transfer to another person - If a person is not able to attend the program for any personal reasons, they can transfer their slot to another person for the program they have registered for, and inform the studio at least 1 day before to add them in the group.
- Transfer to another class - Transfer to an alternative class date is not possible once you register. You will need to cancel the registration for the existing program (Cancellation and refund policy will apply) and re-register for the new program
3.Missed Sessions -
- Claystation will schedule make up session . Kindly Connect with Studio team
- Claystation will not offer refunds for the sessions missed
- Claystation reserves the right to cancel or change the schedule of classes. The participant will receive a full refund in the event of cancellation. However, if the classes are rescheduled, you can opt for shifting to the next batch/postponed date or take a refund.
- If the studio is forced to close due to factors outside of our control such as severe weather conditions, or an infectious disease such as Covid-19, we will make an effort to reschedule the paused sessions. However we will not offer any refunds
March 13 - April 1 | 10:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Number of sessions: 13
Instructor: Renilda Pinto
Venue: Claystation Studio Koramangala
Age: 16 and Above
Fee: 15500 Rs.