This beginner's course is designed for you to build solid foundation in wheel throwing, this is vital for you to master this art. Through this program you will learn fundamental techniques like wedging, centering, pulling and trimming. Also you will learn to throw and alter cylinders into bottles and one piece for creative expression.
Additionally, you will gain core knowledge of the basics of ceramics and clay. Good understanding about this versatile medium is quite critical for your learning process.
Total Number 0f Students accommodated in a class - 8 People (registration will be on a first come first serve basis.)
Total Number of Classes: 13
Students will be making a range of articles out of which few selected by the instructor will be eligible for glazing and firing.
Note : If you missed any classes, you can attend one makeup session on the date mentioned below.
9th & 10th March -10:15 AM - 1:15 PM
16th March -10:15 AM - 5:15 PM
17th March-10:15 AM - 1:15 PM
23rd & 24th March-10:15 AM - 1:15 PM
30th & 31st March-10:15 AM - 1:15 PM
6th April -10:15 AM - 5:15 PM
7th April -10:15 AM - 1:15 PM
(In case you have missed a session)Make up Session : 24th March (2:30pm to 5:30pm)
Glazing Session : (10:30 am to 1:30 pm )28th April
Article pick-up date: 5th May - 12th May
Post 12th May, the articles will not be saved any further in the studio.
NOTE: Please go through the dates and the respective days of the course sessions as not all sessions are being conducted on all Saturdays and Sundays.
Materials included in the Course : 20Kg Sandalwood Clay (cone 6 stoneware ) , Basic pottery toolkit and apron (Students can take the kit back on the last day of the class )
Materials to be brought by students: Plastic Covers , Scissors, Basic stationary (Scissors, Pen, Small Notebook, Pencil, CD-markers.)
We are located at : 10, Temple tress row, S.T Bed, Cauvery Colony, Koramangala, Bengaluru
Google Maps :Claystation Bangalore
We are also on Instagram :Claystation Bangalore
ABOUT OUR INSTRUCTOR:
Kavitha is a passionate creator who believes in craftsmanship of products. An interior designer by profession, she quit her corporate job to pursue her childhood passion in arts & crafts.
She has hands-on experience with multiple crafts including jewelry making, furniture designing and paper crafts. It was her love for terracotta jewelry that brought her to Claystation in 2013. She says that the unconstrained nature of clay and the freedom of expression is what has attracted her to this medium.
Kavitha enjoys clay in both wheel-throwing and hand-building techniques and loves to combine them in her work
Instagram Handle : @gerua.pottery
- On or before 7 days (3rd February) - Full refund
- On or before 2 days (8th February) - 50 % refund
- Cancellation after (8th February) - No refund
- All the refunds will be processed only after 15 working days post cancellation
- Transfer to another person - If a person is not able to attend the program for any personal reasons, they can transfer their slot to another person for the program they have registered for, and inform the studio at least 1 day before to add them in the group.
- Transfer to another class - Transfer to an alternative class date is not possible once you register. You will need to cancel the registration for the existing program (Cancellation and refund policy will apply) and re-register for the new program
3.Missed Sessions -
- Claystation will schedule make up session . Kindly Connect with Studio team
- Claystation will not offer refunds for the sessions missed
- Claystation reserves the right to cancel or change the schedule of classes. The participant will receive a full refund in the event of cancellation. However, if the classes are rescheduled, you can opt for shifting to the next batch/postponed date or take a refund.
- If the studio is forced to close due to factors outside of our control such as severe weather conditions, or an infectious disease such as Covid-19, we will make an effort to reschedule the paused sessions. However we will not offer any refunds
March 9 - April 7 | 10:15 AM - 1:15 PM
Number of sessions: 13
Instructor: Kavitha TP
Venue: Claystation Studio Koramangala
Age: 16 and Above
Fee: 15500 Rs.