Hand building is one of the oldest techniques of ceramic art. This particularly versatile method helps one to get a thorough understanding of how clay molds into different forms and shapes.
This beginner ceramic hand building course is designed for you to build a good foundation fundamental in techniques like Pinching, Coiling & Slab work.
Total Number 0f Students accommodated in a class - 8 People (registration will be on a first come first serve basis.)
Total Number of Classes: 13
Instructor Led sessions: 8
Open studio: 3
Glazing Session(Brush able glaze technique) : 2
(Only one piece selected by the instructor will used for the session , rest of them will taken home as bisque fired )
Materials included in the Course : Materials included in the course : 10Kg Sandalwood Clay (cone 6 stoneware ) , basic pottery Toolkit, Apron .(Students can take it back on the last day of the class )
Materials to be brought by students: Plastic Covers , Scissors, Basic stationary (Scissors, Pen, Pencil, CD-markers.)
October (10:15 am to 1:15 pm ) :October 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd.
October (10:30 am to 5:00 pm ) : October 28th , 29th
October (2:30 pm to 5:30 pm ): November 4th
Glazing Session : 10 am to 5 pm on November 26th
NOTE: Please go through the dates, time and the respective days of the course sessions as not all sessions are being conducted on all weekends .
Article pick-up date: December 2nd - December 9th (Only a few pieces selected by the instructor will be eligible for firing)
NOTE: Post December 9th, the articles will not be saved any further in the studio.
We are located at : 10, Temple tress row, S.T Bed, Cauvery Colony, Koramangala, Bengaluru
Google Maps :Claystation Bangalore
We are also on Instagram :Claystation Bangalore
ABOUT OUR INSTRUCTOR:
Kavitha is a passionate creator who believes in craftsmanship of products. An interior designer by profession, she quit her corporate job to pursue her childhood passion in arts & crafts.
She has hands-on experience with multiple crafts including jewelry making, furniture designing and paper crafts. It was her love for terracotta jewelry that brought her to Claystation in 2013. She says that the unconstrained nature of clay and the freedom of expression is what has attracted her to this medium.
Kavitha enjoys clay in both wheel-throwing and hand-building techniques and loves to combine them in her work
Instagram Handle : @gerua.pottery
- On or before 7 days (30th September) - Full refund
- On or before 2 days (5th October) - 50 % refund
- Cancellation after (5th October) - No refund
- All the refunds will be processed only after 15 working days post cancellation
- Transfer to another person - If a person is not able to attend the program for any personal reasons, they can transfer their slot to another person for the program they have registered for, and inform the studio at least 1 day before to add them in the group.
- Transfer to another class - Transfer to an alternative class date is not possible once you register. You will need to cancel the registration for the existing program (Cancellation and refund policy will apply) and re-register for the new program
3.Missed Sessions -
- Claystation will schedule 1 make up session on (2nd Saturday of that Month ) with instructor guidance
(which may or may not be your instructor). Kindly Connect with Studio team
- Claystation will not offer refunds for the sessions missed
- Claystation reserves the right to cancel or change the schedule of classes. The participant will receive a full refund in the event of cancellation. However, if the classes are rescheduled, you can opt for shifting to the next batch/postponed date or take a refund.
- If the studio is forced to close due to factors outside of our control such as severe weather conditions, or an infectious disease such as Covid-19, we will make an effort to reschedule the paused sessions. However we will not offer any refunds
October 7 - November 4 I 10:15 AM-1:15 PM
Saturday and Sunday
Number of sessions: 13
Instructor: Kavita TP
Venue: Claystation Studio Koramangala
Fee: 11200 Rs.