Pre-requisite for the Course: students should be able to wedge 750gms of clay, center (within 5-10 mins) and be able to pull 6 inches cylinder (within 10 mins). If you need any further details you can consult with our training team before registering.
This second level beginner's pottery wheel course is designed to build solid foundation in throwing open shapes. In this program, you will learn how to throw round form and bowls, along with throwing and trimming using a chuck.
This is a 12 sessions course, spread over 6 weeks, of 3 hours per session. An additional of 6 open studio sessions will be included. Students who have learnt beginner level wheel throwing from other institutions can also attend this program. We can accommodate only 8 students per wheel throwing batch; hence the registration will be on a first come first serve basis.
Instructor led Session dates: January 7th, 8th, 14th, 21st ,22nd and February 4th, 5th(10:30am-5:30pm) 11th,12th, 18th , 19th and 25th (2:30-5:30)
6 open studio sessions from 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM: January 8th, 28th, 29th , February 11th, 19th and 25th (10:30-1:30)
NOTE: Please go through the dates and the respective days of the course sessions as not all sessions are being conducted on all Saturdays and Sundays.
Article pick-up date: March 11th - 18th
Note: Post 18th March, the articles will not be saved any further in the studio.
You will be working with stoneware clay that is made in house and used by professional ceramic artists. The class fee includes supplies. As part of supplies you will be given 20kgs of stoneware clay which is to be used for the class sessions.
Born in Hyderabad and brought up in 13 cities, Spandana has always been curious to learn and adapt to new cities and their environment. She holds a BVA from College of fine arts, Bangalore specializing in applied art, while currently pursuing M.Des in ceramic and glass from Sriniketan, Bolpur.
Her journey in clay began with Claystation HSR, after a workshop by Mr. Ullaskar De was conducted at her college. She's constantly exploring and imbibing new techniques and methods and believes that ceramics has a lot more to offer, it's only a matter of diving straight into it.
- Registration and payment is required to secure a spot in class
- Cancellation and refund Policy:
1. No refunds will be provided if the registration is not cancelled 1 week before the start of the program2. A refund of 75% will be provided if cancellation does occur before 1 week of commencement of theprogram
4. No cancellation will be provided if the instructor feels the student skills are not as per the pre-requisite as mentioned above.3. Claystation will not offer refund for the sessions missed4. Claystation reserves the right to cancel or change the schedule of classes. The participant will receive full refund in the event of cancellation. However, if the classes are rescheduled, there will be no refund
5. All refunds will be initiated only after 15 days from the cancellation.
Studio Closure:If the studio is forced to close due to factors outside of our control such as severe weather conditions, or an infectious disease such as Covid-19, we will make effort to reschedule the paused sessions. However we will not offer any refunds
Transfers:Transfer to an alternative class date is not possible once you register. You will need to cancel the registration for the existing program (Cancellation and refund policy will apply) and re-register for the new program
Students without the prerequisite will not be allowed to attend the class and course amount will not be refunded. Hence, kindly discuss with training team before registering for the class if more clarity is needed about the Prerequisite.
January 7- February 25 | 10:30 AM- 1:30 PM
Saturday and Sunday
Number of sessions: 18
Instructor: Spandana Vella
Prerequisite: Beginner Wheel 01
Venue: Claystation Studio HSR Layout
Fee: 15500 Rs.